Be Safe Online
We love the Internet ..don’t you ? ☺
It has allowed us to build this hugely successful Shaadi.com platform that has helped 6 million people meet their life partners online.
We are committed to a safer internet and go to great lengths to make sure you get the best possible experience here. Every single profile is screened for irrelevant and inappropriate content & your matches are tailored to your preferences.
While we do all this, we want you to play your part. Take a few minutes to read the following to keep your match-making experience enjoyable and safe,
Getting to know someone
- Initial Conversation
- First Meeting
Less than awesome experience
- Report Misuse or Block
Take your time to know the other member at your own pace. The secret sauce is no longer a secret, read on to find out
- While breaking the ice:
- Use Shaadi.com’s secure messaging tools (chat/email or SMS) that protect your identity
- Hold on to your personal details such as bank particulars, home address, place of work or any other identifiable information
- When making phone calls:
- Check phone numbers with strange area codes before you make a call
- Also, use public telephones unless you have established a reasonable level of trust
- General Knowledge:
- It’s cool to learn more about the member using various social networking sites and government resource.
- If you still want to know more, feel free to use third party background verification services
- You are your own boss:
- Don't let any member pressurize you into anything. ‘Block’/ ‘Report Misuse’ from the member’s page or simply inform us
- We are with you
- For anything else, you can write to us.
Yes, it’s okay to have butterflies in your stomach J . That’s exactly how the 4 million successful couples felt when they met for the first time. So here are a few tips to plan your venue and travel:
- Pick a public place
- Take your own ride
- Grab a friend or relative along and ask the other member to do the same. In case you are meeting alone, inform a friend or family member of your plans
For anything else, you can write to us.
Less than awesome experience
We go to great lengths to make sure you get the best possible experience here. Every single profile is screened & your matches are tailored to your preferences. But if you still have any unpleasant experience or face any of the following:
- Someone sending harassing or offensive messages
- Someone sharing obscene photos
- Someone being abusive
- Someone sharing misleading information
- Someone asking for money
- Someone having multiple profiles
‘Report Misuse’ or ‘Block’ from the member’s page. For anything else, you can write to us.
Symptoms of a Scamster
No genuine person would ask you for money, so don’t give money to any member. Even if the person claims to be in an emergency, report it to us immediately.
You might be dealing with a scamster if that person:
- Quickly asks you to take your chat outside Shaadi.com
- Asks you for money
- Vanishes mysteriously from the site, then reappears under a different name
- Asks for your address under the guise of sending flowers or gifts
- Sends you gifts which can be claimed only post a payment
- Becomes serious about you very quickly
- Provides inconsistent descriptions about himself or herself
- Avoids introducing you to his/her family and friends
If you observe anything suspicious write to us.